Health Benefits of Physical Activity
People of all ages can improve their health and quality of life by incorporating moderate physical activity into their lives. We are happy to provide you with a list of health benefits that regular physical activity can offer you.
- Physical activity is highly beneficial to your cardiovascular, musculoskeletal and endocrine system.
- Physical activity can strengthen your heart and help it pump blood and deliver oxygen to your body.
- Exercise can help increase your metabolism.
- Physical activity may help lower bad cholesterol (LDL) and also increase good cholesterol (HDL) which can help protect against heart disease.
- Your immune system can become stronger with regular physical activity.
- Regular physical activity is associated with lower mortality rates in both younger and older adults.
- Physical activity has been shown to decrease risk of cardiovascular and coronary heart disease.
- Regular exercise can decrease high blood pressure in people with hypertension or delay the development of high blood pressure.
- Physical activity is associated with a decreased risk of colon cancer.
- Exercise is important for maintaining muscle strength, joint structure and healthy joint functioning.
- Physical activity may affect body fat distribution.
- Regular exercise will help burn calories and lose extra weight by increasing your heart rate.
- Stress and anxiety can be relieved through regular physical activity.
- Depression is less likely to develop in physically active individuals.